Join AGE's campaign for more solidarity between generations in Europe!
Since 2018, AGE has been involved involved in an awareness-raising campaign to attract the attention of politicians at European, national, regional and local levels on how to rethink the concept of solidarity and coorperation between the generations.
The cornerstone of this campaign is the European Day of Solidarity between Generations that has been celebrated on 29th April since 2009 (and officially proclaimed by the Slovene Presidency of the EU in April 2008).
Objective of this campaign
Make the European Union more age-friendly and better adapted to our ageing population, as well as have intergenerational solidarity high on the EU agenda.
- AGE joined forces with some MEP candidates from major European political parties to commit to promoting greater solidarity and cooperation between generations during the next European Parliament's mandate and issue a joint press release.
- AGE members organised events all over the EU
- The coalition of European Organisations involved in the promotion of the European Year 2012 for Active Ageing and Soliarity between Generations encouraged their members and the other European organisations to organise awareness-raising events on the need of greater intergenerational solidarity in an ageing society. Those initiatives are collected every year so as to give them more visibility and inspire further actions/projects.
- This year again, the EY2012 Coalition sent a joint press release to mark the EU Day and highlight its key message
- In 2013, AGE and Eurochild organised a roundtable at the European Parliament on the topic of Grandparents as carers on 24th April.
- The coalition also supported and promoted the European project Generations@school
- The large coalition of European Organisations active in a wide range of sectors closely cooperated with the European Commission in order to prepare the European Year for Active Ageing and Solidarity between Generations (2012). For more information, please click here.
- The Coalition published a joint brochure entitled "2012: Everyone has a role to play!" (version FR) to invite all stakeholders at local, national and European level to use the European Year 2012 to promote solidarity between generations.
- The Coalition published an EY2012 Coalition Manifesto
- The Coalition prepared a roadmap presenting their concrete commitments in the framework of the EU Year 2012
Please click here to see the list of initiatives added since the publishing of the roadmap
- Intergenerational Solidarity: the way forward (Joint publication, 2010)
EN, FR, ES
- A plea for greater intergenerational solidarity (2009) EN FR NL
In 2008: On 29 April 2008: launch of the European Day of solidarity between generations by the Slovenian Presidency of the European Union announced that it was proposing to declare 29 April European Day of solidarity and cooperation
between generations. The first EU Day was officially launched on 29 April 2009.
What can you do to support our campaign?
If you wish to share with us your examples of good practice, please contact Anne Mélard, Information and Communication Officer, email@example.com