- AGE Governance
- AGE Members
- AGE Secretariat
- Funding: Financial Resources
Become a Donor
- Useful documents
AGE Platform Europe is a European network of non-profit organisations of and for people aged 50+, which aims to voice and promote the interests of the 200 million citizens aged 50+ in the European Union (Eurostat, 2018) and to raise awareness on the issues that concern them most.
Our work focuses on a wide range of policy areas that impact on older and retired people. These include issues of anti-discrimination, employment of older workers and active ageing, social protection, pension reforms, social inclusion, health, elder abuse, intergenerational solidarity, research, accessibility of public transport and of the build environment, and new technologies (ICT).
We seek to give a voice to older and retired people in the EU policy debates, through the active participation of their representative organisations at EU, national, regional and local levels, and provides a European platform for the exchange of experience and best practices. We furthermore inform older people on their rights as EU citizen or resident and on EU policy making processes and recent EU policy development.
Through our involvement in several EU projects, we also seek to promote older people's participation in the development of projects and devices intended for them ('user involvement').
AGE Platform Europe was set up in January 2001 following a process of discussion on how to improve and strengthen cooperation between older people's organizations at EU level. Membership is open to European, national and regional organizations, and to both organizations of older people and organizations for older people. Organizations of older people will have the majority of votes in our decision-making bodies. Membership is open only to non-profit-making organizations. Our work is financed by grants of the European Union, membership fees and donations.
Contact: AGE Secretariat, email@example.com
> Our vision
A society for all ages.
AGE’s vision encompasses an inclusive society, based on well-being for all, solidarity between generations and full entitlement to enjoy life, participate in and contribute to society. At the same time, each person’s rights and responsibilities throughout their life course have to be fully respected.
> Our mission
AGE celebrates longevity as one of the greatest achievements of humanity. We seek to combat ageism, promote human rights throughout the life course, reduce inequalities and enable everyone to live a full and dignified life.
> Our core values and guiding principles
- Respect for human dignity and human rights, freedom, democracy, equality, and the rule of law, the European Union's fundamental values, unite our members.
- Human rights and dignity do not diminish with age and must be respected throughout each individual’s life course.
- Older people are self-advocates. Everyone should be supported to speak on their own behalf as the ultimate experts of their own lives.
- Older women and men are a resource for our societies through their contributions through work, volunteering, informal care, creativity, experience and as consumers.
- Intergenerational solidarity strengthens inclusion and justice between generations respecting and benefiting everyone’s experiences, sensibilities, and expectations.
- Age-friendly environments are essential for equitable and inclusive communities for all ages.