The "Gang des Vieux En colère" is a Belgian non-partisan and cross-party movement of citizens who want to ensure that future generations can age with dignity.
The movement, which today has more than 10,000 members, seizes every opportunity to take to the streets and makes its voice heard, drawing attention on the growing social inequalities that will will have serious impact on old age living conditions.
The main demands of those activists include:
- Maintaining the pay-as-you-go pension system, as opposed to funded pension scheme
- The possibility for only those who wish to work beyond the age of 65
- An early pension in case of hard working conditions (recognized as such)
- Ensuring a decent and equal minimum pension for both women and men
- A genuine social consultation on pensions.