AGE and EDF call for priority access to food shopping for older persons and persons with disabilities
Together with the European Disability Forum (EDF), we sent a letter to the President of Eurocommerces to raise awareness about a number of measures that can be implemented to address the specific challenges older persons and persons with disabilities face when food shopping and reduce their risks of becoming infected with the virus.
Older persons and persons with disability need:
- Accessible food retailer online platforms
- To be allowed to be accompanied when shopping
- Priority at entrance and checkout
- Reserved opening hours
- Accessible and personalised pick-up methods
- Priority online home delivery (e.g. using a dedicated online code).
Read our joint letter for more