Europe, let's do more for health! - Support the EU4Health Campaign!
With the European elections and the discussions on the future of Europe going full swing, the European Public Health Alliance (EPHA) and the European Patients Forum (EPF) are pursuing their campaign 'EU4health' calling for Europe to do more on health issues. And in doing so, reflecting the wish of the majority of Europeans (70%, following a EU survey).
Launched in 2017 following the publication of the EU White Paper on the Future of Europe (read our article), this campaign calls for widespread support in favour of 'targeted and effective EU action to ensure everyone is able to enjoy healthy lives in healthy environments'.
The 7 measures requested from the European Commission are:
- Appoint a dedicated Health Commissioner and Vice-President for Sustainable Well-Being
- Adopt EU-level actions to prevent diseases and promote healthy lifestyles
- Develop a framework for tackling non-communicable diseases
- Support national health systems with expertise and evidence
- Empower citizen and patients
- Assess the impact of health in EU policies
- Establish strong leadership with a European Global Health.
Read also the article on our EP elections blog
AGE fully supports #EU4health campaign
In a context of rapid ageing of the European population, health is a key issue, in which the European Union has an important role to play. We invite you to support this campaign and to futher disseminate it among your contacts.