> Timeline: September 2017 – December 2020
> Key words: Digital innovation, Large scale uptake, Innovation to market, Blueprint, EIPonAHA, Stakeholders engagement, Support services, Coordination and external communication, R&I synergies
WE4AHA is a new H2020 Coordination and Support Action (CSA) for the European Innovation Partnership on Active and healthy Ageing (EIP on AHA).
Over the course of four years, the action will connect demand- and supply-side stakeholders through matchmaking, twinning, assessing innovative interventions, fostering engagement, and many other support activities.
Apart from continuing the tasks of the former PROEIPAHA project through the provision of CSA’s typical services, this project is specifically conceived to support the definition and execution of an Innovation to Market (I2M) plan, the further Blueprint development to drive the policy vision on digital innovation and the broad use of the MAFEIP tool.
The mission of these three horizontal initiatives goal is mobilising a growing number of stakeholders in Europe’s digital health and care and silver economy sectors – industry, public authorities, end users, financial institutions, investors, insurers, and research communities committed to innovate on a large scale.
The objectives of WE4AHA are:
- to provide centralised, integrated and continued support to administration, external communication and coordination of the stakeholder groups and partners engaged in the development and implementation of the three addressed “pillar” activities: I2M, Blueprint and EIPonAHA;
- to extend the reach to external stakeholders, engaging them in the three pillars by promoting their mobilisation, further cooperation, networking and synergies amongst them, in order to leverage knowledge, resources and investments for digital innovation in AHA;
- to promote an effective and increased large-scale uptake of digital solutions for Active and Healthy Ageing by accelerating the progress on favourable framework conditions established by the aforementioned pillars;
- to foster the policy vision, the unexploited potential and the increasing market opportunities of digital innovation for Active and Healthy Ageing, through the identification of synergies, the establishment of communication links and by building on relevant research and innovation activities from H2020 and other EU, national and international programmes targeting AHA.
AGE will be involved in stakeholder engagement, spanning from designing and establishing engagement mechanism amongst partners to cooperation amongst new partners and those already involved. AGE will also support the development and execution of the innovation to market (I2M) plan and support the blueprint co-development and implementation. To ensure external communication and dissemination, AGE will participate in media campaigns and the facilitation of meetings.
Involved AGE staff:
- Funka (project leader), Sweden
- European Regions Research and Innovation Network (ERRIN), Belgium
- Connected Health Alliance, United Kingdom
- Empirica Gesellschaft fuer Kommunicaktions- und Technologie Forschung, Germany
- Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria Federico II, Italy
- Open Evidence, Spain
- European Health Telematics Association, Belgium
- AGE Platform Europe, Belgium
- TICBioMed, Spain