The objective of this call is to fight violence, including gender-based violence, in particular:
- preventing and combating at all levels all forms of gender-based violence against women and girls and domestic violence, also by promoting the standards set out in the Council of Europe Convention on preventing and combating violence against women and domestic violence (the Istanbul Convention);
- preventing and combating all forms of violence against children, young people, as well as violence against other groups at risk, such as LGBTIQ people and people with disabilities;
- supporting and protecting all direct and indirect victims of such violence, such as domestic violence exerted within the family or violence in intimate relationships, including children orphaned by domestic crimes, and supporting and ensuring the same level of protection throughout the Union for victims of gender-based violence.
This call aims to contribute to the implementation of the:
- EU Gender Equality Strategy
- Provisions of the Council of Europe Convention on preventing and combating violence against women and domestic violence (Istanbul Convention), particularly Chapters IV and V related to support and protection measures;
- Directive 2012/29/EU establishing minimum standards on the rights, support and protection of victims of crime.