Closing gender gaps over the life-course
One of the fundamental issues to tackle in order to reach gender equality is the persistence of gender stereotypes, which start from a very young age onwards and keep on influencing choices with regard to employment and combination of work and private life.
This call for proposals shall focus on actions in order to raise awareness and tackle gender stereotypes in education, in particular in early childhood education and care and in schools, and in educational and occupational choices in a digitalised world.
Activities shall include:
1. Tackling gender stereotypes in education and early childhood care
- activities tackling negative attitudes and stereotypes with regard to gender roles in early childhood education and care systems, and educational and career choices;
- awareness-raising, education and empowerment activities; in particular awareness-raising activities for professionals of pre-school and school systems on an education, work and life free of stereotypes, including gender roles and attitudes towards domestic work, care, work and public life.
2. Tackling gender stereotypes in educational and career choices in a digitalised world
- activities focusing on the impact of digitalisation on career and professional choices, highlighting its opportunities and tackling potential hindrances as well as mitigating the risks that certain digitalised instruments bring about in intensifying gender stereotypes (e.g. gender bias through use of algorithms for recruitment procedures);
- exchange of good practice, mutual learning, seminars, in particular, activities promoting good practice examples;
- training activities for professionals of childhood care in the education sector and in the world of work; or with regard to overcoming gender stereotypes and roles in early childhood environments and in a digitalised world.